A couple weeks ago, I was given an old Stanley 220 block plane as part payment for a job I did. However, it needed some work beyond my skill to restore, so I sent it to the talented Mat at @Saw-IT and they not only did a cracking job fixing it up, but restored a Stanley 102 at the same time AND made a gorgeous silky oak box turning them into a nice block plane box set to giveaway and pay it forward to someone else.
HOW TO ENTER:
Simply subscribe to both our channels and comment #PlaneBoxSet on this video or on @Saw-IT ‘s Silky Oak Box Build Video (https://youtu.be/L1ZOKJxc9lY) and this stunning set could be yours. These tools are sharp, tuned up and ready for work or left to look good in the box.
There is only one catch, Australia only sorry due to postage. Entries close 11:59pm Friday June 9th 2023 with the winner to be randomly selected using the “Wheel of Names” spinner.
Fixit Fingers Channel Members Get Extra Entries!
Quick Fix – 1 Extra
Fiver – 3 Extra
Funsies – 5 Extra
Fanatic – 10 Extra
Join this channel to get access to perks:
Barber’s Paddock, Makin’ Sawdust, Presto’s Woodworks, Dainer Made, Built by Chris, Outdoors with BT, 2 by Forge, Rebecca Inglis, Mario – The Woodfather, Glenn Gilbert, Lissy Crafts, Saw-IT, EXHDS
BORING OFFICIAL YOUTUBE CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: The hand plane Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is only open to Australians who are at least 13 years of age at time of entry.
2. Prize: Two Vintage block planes box set as shown on the Saw-It YouTube Channel (the “Channel”) The retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $250AU with Free Shipping
THE ODDS OF WINNING THE PRIZE DEPENDS ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
No Prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Channel Owner. If a Prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Channel Owner, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. The Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize received.
3. Giveaway Period: The Giveaway shall begin at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (+10) on Friday 26th May 2023 and shall end after James draws the winner on his Channel (“Giveaway Period”).
4. How to Enter: To enter the Giveaway you must
(a) Subscribe to both @Saw-it and @FixitFingers YouTube Channels
(b) Place a comment (“Comment”) on this Video with the hashtag #PlaneBoxSet (the “Entry”).
Entries must be received during the Giveaway Period.
James will enter the valid entries into an automatic draw program.
5. Winning: The winner of the Giveaway (“Winner”) shall be selected by the automatic draw program. The Winner shall be chosen on a FixitFingers Youtube video a couple weeks after the giveaway starts.
6. Prize Claim: The Winner will be notified via a reply to the winning comment. The Winner will be required to provide their personal details so the prize can be delivered. The failure to respond timely to the notification will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, in such case, the channel owner may declare an alternate winner, based on another random drawing.
7. YouTube Policies:
a) Your participation in and entry into this giveaway must be in compliance with YouTube’s own Community Guidelines. Entries which don’t comply with YouTube’s Community Guidelines will be disqualified. https://www.youtube.com/intl/ALL_au/h…
b) YouTube is not a sponsor of this Giveaway. By entering this Giveaway, you release YouTube from any and all liability related to this Giveaway.
In Australia, you can find all your Woodwork Gear at Carbatec: The Home of Aussie Woodworking – https://www.carbatec.com.au/?aff=4
For my Overseas friends, I’ve got you covered on Amazon (also Affiliate Links) with the tools used in this video:
The Full Fixit Fingers Tool Shop – https://www.amazon.com/shop/fixitfingers
Here you’ll find almost all the tools I use in my shop from the Bosch Mitre saw, to Kreg Gear to Glue and Sandpaper 😀
Follow Fixit Fingers:
Making Things Downunder? Why not join our Community!?
Aussie Makers Group