Check Out Our FREE GUIDE: *25 Must-Have Carpentry Tools…Under $25 Each!*
AFFILIATE TOOL LINKS:
Diablo 10″ General Purpose Blade (40 T):
Diablo 12″ Combination Blade (60 T):
Dewalt 10″ Table Saw w/ Rolling Stand:
Dewalt 12″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw:
Dewalt Socket Set 3/8″ Drive:
(These are affiliate links. When you shop through these links, we receive a small commission at NO EXTRA CHARGE TO YOU. We greatly appreciate the support!)
How To Change Circular Saw Blades:
How To CHANGE MITER SAW + TABLE SAW BLADES–Fast and Easy Tips! (Blade Arbor/Blade Spin Direction)
Eventually, everyone will need to change table saw and miter saw blades. This short video from The Honest Carpenter will show you how to tackle both!
Dull blades on your larger shop tools (table saws and miter saws) will affect cut time and cleanliness of cuts. It’ll also put strain on the tool motors. Changing blades with some frequency is a good idea–basically whenever the tool feels like it is cutting inefficiently.
Table Saw Blade Change:
1. UNPLUG THE SAW!
2. Remove throat plate
3. Raise blade elevator
4. Use open end wrench and box wrench to loosen nut on blade arbor
5. Pull outer flange off arbor
6. Remove blade / replace with new blade
7. Place outer flange back on arbor with hollow side pointing towards blade
8. Retighten nut over outer flange
9. Replace throat plate
10. Lower blade
11. Step back and to side–turn on saw and listen for clean spin
Miter Saw Blade Change:
1. UNPLUG THE SAW!
2. Lock sliding bar on saw
3. Loosen set screw on blade panel
4. Lift blade panel / Lift blade guard out of way
5. Press saw blade locking button
6. Use socket wrench or offset box wrench to loosen blade bolt
7. Spin blade bolt out / remove outer flange
8. Remove blade /replace with new blade
9. Put flange back on / Spin bolt back into place
10. Hit blade locking button / retighten
11. Plug saw in
12. Stand back and to side / test saw spin.
Thanks for watching! Be sure to visit us at The Honest Carpenter Website:
Check out our other tool-related videos:
BEST SAW FOR REMODELERS:
SAWMILL EXPERT LEVEL: