How to Use and Set-up a Block Plane
How to Use and Set-up a Block Plane
How to USe and Set-up a Block Plane. In this video Rob Cosman teaches you how to Use and Set-up a Block Plane.
If you like our content please LIKE us, SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel, and RING THE BELL to be notified whenever we release a new video.
* SUBSCRIBE TO ROB”S MONTHLY WOODWORKING TIPS NEWSLETTER – https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/WfTu6kP/Robsnewsletter
* SUBSCRIBE TO ROB’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO TAKE YOUR WOODWORKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL: http://www.youtube.com/c/RobCosmancom
* POPULAR VIDEO PLAYLISTS:
– Sharpening Plane Blades and Chisels: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUOljnY0d9eITND8hrorIfBpnXrsRlO9
– Hand Plane Basics: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUOljnY0d9foFZY0OpBFiYNsefYhffsb
– Woodworking Tips and Tricks: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUOljnY0d9dm0_sEpdvg6GfOreg7lpVa
– Hand Cut Dovetails: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUOljnY0d9e0pMDPQ4B-pDO36Ad_CysT
– Best of Rob Cosman Videos: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUOljnY0d9dhKiNQD2RBGWMml8MT7ee1
– Tool Reviews: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUOljnY0d9fE4cv-5HUztIP_7y7d8kl1
– Rob Cosman Workbench: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUOljnY0d9e2SGQfDEbOw3x6AEIcllS1
* SUBSCRIBE TO ROB’S ONLINE WORKSHOP – https://robcosman.com/pages/rob-s-online-workshops
* LIVE YOUTUBE WORSHOPS – Every other saturday at 6:00pm Eastern Time
* QUESTIONS — Have a question about the Tools, Techniques, or Anything Else you saw in this video? Post your question in the comments section of this video!
* VISIT OUR STORE – To learn more or purchase any of the tools you saw Rob use in this video, please visit our retail store at https://www.robcosman.com
* LEARN ABOUT ROB’S PURPLE HEART PROJECT: https://robcosman.com/pages/php-what-is-php
* DONATE TO THE PURPLE HEART PROJECT: https://robcosman.com/products/how-to-help
* FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/robcosman/
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/robcosman_handtoolwoodworking/
Good info poor sound. But got the gist Ta.
Great video. Thanks Rob.
Excellent tutorial – thanks. Sharpening is the key, as always.
Felicidades, es un buen ejemplo. 288 sentadillas son unos XXXGIRLS.Uno muchas y un buen ejercicio. Se deja ver que hay muy buenos resultados 😍👍 Saludos desde la Cd.. de world 🌹😉💖 los mortalesk abian apreciado tan hermosa mujer.k
We are told: that repetition is the mother of wisdom. Thanks.
P.S.You have a nice apron.
I just purchased one of these WoodRiver low angle block planes from Rob. I haven’t used it yet but I’m looking forward to comparing it to my two other block planes. The way you continue holding the lever cap in place when releasing the pressure in order to adjust it is a great tip for those not familiar with this type of lever cap. Thanks for all the great videos Rob.
Used mine at work earlier, installing cabinet set n bottom of back was high, not no more lol
I’ve watched a number of chisel and plane iron videos. It seems the grit used varies. So assuming you are using Shapton stones when flattening the
Back of the chisel, what grits do you use.
Back of plane iron, what grits do you use.
When sharpening the
Chisel bevel? What grits do you use
Plane iron bevel! What grits do you use.
Lost Rob’s mic at 11:40
Excellent information, Rob! Thank you!
Have you see Rob teach Houndstooth Dovetails ? https://youtu.be/18-xJjKhgbY
Apreciando a una mujer tan hermosa. 2:6 sentadillas son unos X18TINDER.Uno muchas y un buen ejercicio. 5:25 Se deja ver que hay muy buenos resultados 😍👍 Saludos desde la Cd.. de world loso mortales abian apreciado tan hermosa mujer
Great tutorial as always. I noticed that you didn’t check the sole for flatness. Is this the case for any block plane or only the Wood River block planes?
My mistake was buying a Taytools block plane. I can never get that one setup right to cut the same way twice. Meanwhile all my wood rivers hold settings like its nothing and took far less time to flatten the sole. I really need to spring for a Woodriver block plane.
Great update Rob, thanks for sharing it. I have both of the WR block planes and enjoy using them.
I just received mine yesterday (from you, of course) so this is perfect timing. Thanks for doing these videos Rob (et al.) !!!
That’s a useful little video. Thanks
Great How-To, Rob~! I just picked one of these up at my Woodcraft in Chattanooga. I guess it’s time to go thru these steps~! Thanks much~!
Your sound dropped of a little Rob
Rob: @2:31 12+30+5=37 not 42
Hands down the best teacher on YouTube!!!! Thanks for all the videos
Good vid, too bad the lapel died half way through.
I’ve missed these quick tutorials from you…thanks, this was a good one.