Top 5 Outdoor Woodworking Projects That Sell

Top 5 Outdoor Woodworking Projects That Sell

These are the top 5 outdoor woodworking projects that sell based on my research and experience. I polled my audience to find which outdoor projects are the best sellers. These are the top 5 outdoor woodworking projects that were submitted by my followers. There is one specific outdoor project that has generated a lot of money for one woodworker. If you’re in the woodworking business, these projects may sell for you.

Watch Next
Top 5 Woodworking Projects That Sell: https://youtu.be/7pIKH-BCLoA
5 More Woodworking Projects That Sell: https://youtu.be/4-ftchPyPjE

Join this channels membership to get access to exclusive member only discounts and perks:

My PLANS: https://www.731woodworks.com/store

King’s Fine Woodworking Adirondack Chairs: https://youtu.be/4cESHbfra44

*Camera Equipment Used for Videos*
Canon M50 https://amzn.to/3en9EaQ
Canon 22mm Lens: https://amzn.to/32fp79w
GoPro Hero 8: https://amzn.to/2JY48l2
Microphone I Use: https://amzn.to/3crbxTX

Amazon and other affiliate links are used in this description. They help support this channel.

1. Landon Milhorn on April 30, 2022 at 6:36 pm

how do u get ur stencil or where do u get the stencil for the welcome or what ever you want to put on the plant holder.?

2. MATT MCCLUNG on April 30, 2022 at 6:37 pm

great video

3. Chris Whitley on April 30, 2022 at 6:37 pm

I love spar urethane for wood projects.

4. Pete Raley on April 30, 2022 at 6:39 pm

What do you usually charge for the j bates chairs and tables

5. David Boston on April 30, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Bought kings plans and patterns, made two and sold them both in a day, really great advise Matt, thank you!!

6. Jeff McGee on April 30, 2022 at 6:40 pm

You are rad! I just started a channel and selling outdoor furniture and accessories. I’m hooked on your channel now. I’ll go find you on social media to show you what I’ve built! Thanks for everything you do!!

7. MJorgy5 on April 30, 2022 at 6:41 pm

More outdoor woods: cypress, black locust, ipe, teak.

8. Kip Anderson on April 30, 2022 at 6:42 pm

The King’s Adirondack is a great plan. I am building a set of chairs from it right now, but it is worth noting that the design is more labor intensive due to the back design. The less precise the cuts on those pieces, the more time will need to be spent sanding them to shape! Adjust pricing to match your labor!

9. Stan Mondzelewski on April 30, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Funny story about the plastic adirondack chairs.
    Wasnt funny at the time.
    Im a smoker. Smoke outside.
    Chair had a crack in it and i didnt know it.
    I was in just boxers. When i went to get up, that crack closed on ball sack meat.i got up fast,so my sack lifted the chair a foot or so off the ground.
    That chair died that night. Wife thought it was the funniest thing in the world

10. A & K Farms on April 30, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Thank you .

11. Ruby on April 30, 2022 at 6:45 pm

731 I LIKE YOUR COMMENT ESPECIALLY WHEN STARTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS. IT IS REALLY EDUCATIONAL. I LIKE YOUR STYLE OF WORKING AND YOUR PRODUCTS ARE REALLY GOOD, OF WHAT I HAVE SEEN ON YOUR VIDEOS. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU WHEN IT COMES TO PRACTICAL ADVICE. RUBY- SOUTH AFRICA.

12. tlak on April 30, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Those will probably sell, but most of those projects is sold at the local Tractor Supply, I imagine China built. If you build and want to sell for a hundred and TSC is selling it for $35.

13. originalkronoz on April 30, 2022 at 6:46 pm

You’re not kidding with Adirondack chairs I can’t make them fast enough sold a ton and still backed up with orders

14. Brian Flynn on April 30, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Great info as always Matt!!!!! I just want to ask a question………Are you related to "Cowboy Kent Rollins"????? You seem to have alot of the same features as he does!!!! The enthusiasm, hand movements, cant stand still!!!!!, and the love for your family and your pets!! If you are not related…..you should go check him out for some great recipes!!!!! Go watch a couple vids…….and let me know what your wife thinks about the resemblance!!!!!! This could be fun!!!!!!!

15. Ed E Myre on April 30, 2022 at 6:50 pm

Sir! Great videos and YES I subscribed. As a rookie woodworker I love the idea of simple but solid projects; and obviously you are Christian and a Patriot so even better! Looking forward to catching up on your past videos and seeing the new ones. Just one word of advice: stand still for a minute!

16. Guy H. on April 30, 2022 at 6:50 pm

Outdoor Pine furniture lasts based on the finish & how it’s taken care of. Period

17. Larry Stone on April 30, 2022 at 6:51 pm

Good video enjoyed it thx for sharing

18. ajhelmink on April 30, 2022 at 6:52 pm

I am finding lumber prices to be to high to be able to sell these items at a reasonable price… Unless you want to work for $5 an hour

19. Christopher Swonke on April 30, 2022 at 6:53 pm

Hey Matt, nice shirt! Where did you get it?

20. The Jolly Oak on April 30, 2022 at 6:54 pm

I have never been able to sell Adirondack chairs. 100$ for unfinished 130$ for finished. Well before lumber went crazy. I don’t know why, probably because every Tom, Dick, and Harry make them.

21. Angela Adalian on April 30, 2022 at 6:56 pm

Thanks for the "good stuff" 3/23/22

22. 16,000 Woodworking Plans & Projects With Videos on April 30, 2022 at 6:58 pm

“Ultimately, literature is nothing but carpentry…. Both are very hard work. Writing something is almost as hard as making a table. With both you are working with reality, a material just as hard as wood. Both are full of tricks and techniques. Basically very little magic and a lot of hard work.” Gabriel Garcia Marquez

23. Quentin Sherratt on April 30, 2022 at 6:59 pm

💯🎯

24. Roy81hop on April 30, 2022 at 7:00 pm

Nice tips 😊

25. Cliff Groce on April 30, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Ana white modern anirondak chairs are very popular

26. clv2015 on April 30, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Do you still make those dog kennels that use the rebar on the sides? Do they sell right now? I’m pretty interested in making and selling those.

27. jacq danieles on April 30, 2022 at 7:06 pm

Ah need to get me some tuber sixes & tuber fours …

28. Ray Y on April 30, 2022 at 7:07 pm

Matt, I love your videos and inspiration on trying to make a difference to yourself and doing some good for the world, but I hit a really big snag in trying to use the 14 day free trial from Skillshare. I tried to cancel my free 14 day free trial on day 8 or 9 since the content I was trying to find was not what I needed. An email to your sponsor specifying I wanted to cancel the free membership said I could not (somehow I wasn’t signed up as a free member?).I am frustrated and very letdown as I see this is now how businesses today choose to operate. When I was a lot younger and in business for myself, you just kind of knew how to cherish a customer/client and wanted to correct mistakes, especially genuine ones. Today that is sadly lacking in today’s marketplace. It makes me sad and disgusted to even consider getting back into the woodworking craft. If there is a way you can rectify my problem with your sponsor, that would be much appreciated. As I’ve seen your abilities and business grow, I commend you and pray for your continued success, but please be careful of who you associate with in terms of sponsors in trying to grow your channel here.

29. Chris Lopez on April 30, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Thank you. I started with the squirrel feeder picnic tables but it seems like the market is flooded with them. This is encouraging.

30. Lem Hanback on April 30, 2022 at 7:10 pm

Still getting set up, so still working on smalls, however still found this helpful especially the planter boxes and stands. So awesome you tagged others, when we are ready to start doing videos I’d like to correspond with you. Take care and God bless you and your family.

31. Chris Whitley on April 30, 2022 at 7:10 pm

Pinterest is a awesome website for seeing what’s going on. They often have plans available for free downloadable plans or links to them. And I think April is awesome. She decided what he wanted and she went for it. With little experience she started a woodworking business and built it into a awesome business.

32. Chris Webb on April 30, 2022 at 7:10 pm

How are you charging now with wood cost being so high. Love your channel . Costs me about $40 to build the small bench you make and I’m not sure what to charge

33. Giselia Pereira on April 30, 2022 at 7:13 pm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

34. Jon Bowman on April 30, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Hey Matt. Your kitchen bar video was the very first woodworking video I ever watched and I’m working on adapting it to what we need. Thank you so much for that video and for kinda kicking off my love of woodworking. I was watching your top 5 projects that sell and I had a question. Is there a formula you use in setting a selling price for your pieces? I had heard the old saying was supplies x 3, but coming off of Covid pricing of wood, I don’t think anybody will pay that price. Ideas?

35. Baby Boo on April 30, 2022 at 7:16 pm

Hello Matt found your you tube site, always looking for something simple and easy if one does not have a lot of tool’s. I love animals and have taken on stray’s and ones people don’t want, I have had 3cats and 2 little chihuahuas, my cats lives were between 13 and 15 years and then passed my one chihuahua passed this month with heart problems, buying something on line for their ashes or regular burial is expensive, so I made simple boxes and two old cowboy style coffin for them.i decorated them with name date and place, i was wondering if you have thought of doing simple boxes one could decorate their self i found that it helped children to do it their self and made them not afraid of the passing of the pet. Just a thought. Blessings.

36. Rosso Plays Games on April 30, 2022 at 7:17 pm

Love the channel

37. AngelPlaysOnPC on April 30, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Great informative video, thank you.

38. Danny Hale on April 30, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Great video. Love the t-shirt.

39. Kit SUiam on April 30, 2022 at 7:21 pm

Hey Matt…does 731 have any significance….jus curious……anyways great informative video…..cheers!!!!😀😀😀👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

40. Jonathan Baltodano on April 30, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Jeez what a great video

41. David Scott on April 30, 2022 at 7:25 pm

April Wilkerson @wilkerdo’s , you got mentioned in this video for one of your picnic table/benches

42. JK on April 30, 2022 at 7:25 pm

What is the name of the wood you use?

43. Anne Zimmerman on April 30, 2022 at 7:25 pm

This is a great video, thank you!

44. Meghan Henderson on April 30, 2022 at 7:27 pm

I love this channel! I’m a rookie woodworker I find wood everywhere for free that people throw out and investing in a couple of tools to really get going on projects its so much fun

45. Clayton Grant on April 30, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Wife said I need a hobby lol. Already have most of the tools so I think this is the way to go.

46. Kristofer Renkowiecki on April 30, 2022 at 7:31 pm

Am i missing the link to make the exact bench pictured too start video?

47. Jeff F on April 30, 2022 at 7:31 pm

Waiting on those adirondack chair plans.

48. Mrhangerman Crafts on April 30, 2022 at 7:32 pm

thank you for all your suggestions and all the other amazing makers 🙂 I need to give it a go a try these items out of pallet wood 🙂

49. 731 Woodworks on April 30, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Check out my top 5 woodworking projects that sell for me: https://youtu.be/7pIKH-BCLoA

50. Wannabe A Maker on April 30, 2022 at 7:34 pm

I’ve got a lot of growing to do with my skills but, I’m looking forward to the day I can complete these.