The Only Table Saw Blades You'll Ever Need

The Only Table Saw Blades You'll Ever Need

Here’s all you need for crosscuts, rip cuts, tenon joinery and dado cuts on a table saw.
Subscribe for weekly woodworking projects: http://www.youtube.com/user/drunkenwoodworker?sub_confirmation=1

Shop for Anything on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2dv45IR

TOOLS / SUPPLIES (Affiliate)
40 Tooth, Thin-kerf Combination Blade: http://amzn.to/2d5edYW
40 Tooth 1/8″ Kerf Flat Bottom Blade: http://amzn.to/2dv4wTr
8″ Dado Set: http://amzn.to/2d4ZMWF
Table Saw: http://amzn.to/2d4ZXRU
Weird Ass Horse Head: http://amzn.to/2d50V0j

SUPER SUPPORT / EXTENDED VIDEOS / GIVEAWAYS

MAKE SOMETHING 2 | VLOG CHANNEL

SHIRTS, STICKERS, PLANS AND MORE!

PROJECTS, PLANS AND TUTORIALS

David Picciuto
PO Box 2499
Toledo, OH 43606

© Picciuto, LTD

1. Ruben S on May 12, 2022 at 7:21 pm

For most people over 100 a blade is expensive.If I were making furniture charging 3k a piece I can justify it but for typical DIYer that’s not practical.
    You can buy decent blade under 40 YES under 40 and you can sharpen it yourself with demand blade on grider

2. Dylan Buck on May 12, 2022 at 7:22 pm

If anyone is looking to upgrade their saw blade to get a better quality cut, take the time to go check out the saw blades (mitre, rip, melamine, glue joint, thin kerf, etc.) over at royceamerica.com these blades have industry proven performance, being used to supply woodworking companies large and small across north america for the past 50+ years.

3. Boyd Merriman on May 12, 2022 at 7:24 pm

I doubt I had ever use saw blades more than $20 and probably paid the price more than once. Its the first initial shock of price that gets you, but once you put it down and walk away with the blade, then, like a shot in the arm, its over and you can go on. Funny how we can go to a nice restaurant and pay upwards of $25 or more on a meal and drinks for each person ($60-$100) only to be hungry again a few hours later, and you got to eat again, yet we quibble over a price of a good saw blade (or any tool) that will last us for a very long time. Which is why Harbor Freight is doing bang up business!

4. 57Sauce on May 12, 2022 at 7:24 pm

aight, gonna use that affiliate link. thanks for the videos

5. DOME KNOCKA on May 12, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Jesus thought my saw was off until I learned this. Idiot. Just need a flat blade for what I want to do. Just stated making sled glad I didn’t cut through it yet. Hoem depot party tomorrow

6. atz123ify on May 12, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Sorry everybody, horse heads currently unavailable on Amazon……..

7. James Lance on May 12, 2022 at 7:27 pm

I’m curious if you still have the same opinion 4 years later?

8. Andres Cruz on May 12, 2022 at 7:28 pm

Forrest blades are the best

9. Richard Cagle on May 12, 2022 at 7:28 pm

Nobody? His dato stack cuts from 1/4 all the way up to 3/16? Nobody?

10. Rich H on May 12, 2022 at 7:29 pm

SawStop table saw…the only way to go. It’s not IF you’ll have an accident with the blade, it’s when…only a matter of time.

11. Carrey Frith on May 12, 2022 at 7:31 pm

Used your link & it sent me to a 6" blade. I stayed on the site but selected the 10" Woodworker II. I have the same saw. Do you run a 6" blade?

12. 1959Berre on May 12, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Of coarse you pop the breakers once in a while. 110 VAC is just not suited for for power tools and machines. It may be fine for kitchen gear, like a blender. In my country 240 VAC is regular power. My garage has 3 x 400 VAC, which also comes in handy for charging electric cars.

13. Kirk Dietrich on May 12, 2022 at 7:35 pm

How do I find out if I need to change out the brake (whatever that is) of my table saw? Great video on blades and tips – opened my eyes for sure.

14. Chris House on May 12, 2022 at 7:36 pm

I’m hesitant to subscribe because you currently have 666k subscribers and I’d hate to wreck that.

15. Carl Hansen on May 12, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Nice review. I have a 5 hp Grizzly and finally got tired of using cheaper blades. I just ordered a 40 tooth combination with a 125 kerf. As I can afford them I will be adding other blades as needed.

16. FearLess PL3 on May 12, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Where did you get your riving knife?

17. Paul Hopkins on May 12, 2022 at 7:37 pm

CMT 24 tooth rip and a Freud 24 tooth rip, both full kerf, in rotation when one is dull I send it out for sharpening and put the other on the saw. I also have the Freud 8 inch dado. I use a Diablo 60 tooth blade for plywood and the rare cross cut, but 95% of the time I keep rip blade on for all cuts

18. Calvin Cassle on May 12, 2022 at 7:37 pm

I feel validated. I have the same blades.

19. AngeliqueKaga on May 12, 2022 at 7:40 pm

You didn’t mention the cost of these blade, NO THANKS!

20. Guns Cars and Digits on May 12, 2022 at 7:44 pm

For my 12" miter saw, I use a 100 Tooth Diablo, and the original Ryobi 24 tooth blade.
    24 tooth for construction work. 100 tooth for molding/flooring, as well as PVC pipe.
    My table saw has a 40 tooth blade. I do Hardwood floors and bathrooms, so long rips usually get covered with molding, ala 100 tooth miter saw.
    I’ve cut a lot of stuff with those blades.

21. Purdybeard877 on May 12, 2022 at 7:46 pm

Ever try Tenryu saw blades? They have a 40 tooth table saw that beat the Forrest blade in a independent test.

22. Emkay Kim on May 12, 2022 at 7:46 pm

i didn’t know Vsauce is into woodworking

23. Jiyuu on May 12, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Does using 80t for cross cutting pines is too much?

24. Sheepdog81 on May 12, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Can a jobsite saw handle a full kerf blade? I just bought the DWE7491RS (my first saw).

25. Nayan Mipun on May 12, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Another problem is wobbling of circular saws

26. bricofast on May 12, 2022 at 7:51 pm

The best video 👏 tanks I’m 😱😱

27. Henrik Paulsen on May 12, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Why all the hate on "Fat Bottomed Girls"?
    It made me find it in my collection and play the whole song. 🙂

28. Boyd Merriman on May 12, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Does anyone know the average price to get your carbide blade sharpened, assuming no missing or replacing tips?

29. Glenn Ryzebol on May 12, 2022 at 7:56 pm

Ummmm…on the dado blades. a quarter inch up to three sixteenths?? a quarter inch is more than three sixteenths and i hope a dado stack can do more than a quarter inch!!

30. LTVoyager on May 12, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I you are popping your breaker, you have a wiring problem. I would fix that rather than use a thinner blade as a band-aid solution. Nothing wrong with thin kerf blades, but fix the wiring problem.

31. Father on May 12, 2022 at 7:56 pm

$111!?!?!?!?!

32. Patriot Woodworker on May 12, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I have the 220v 3hp sawstop. LOVE IT! Can I use the thin curf blade or does my saw have too much power? I also have a dado brake but I’m too lazy to change blades and brakes . Lol

33. barsoom43 on May 12, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I use the same type of blades except I use Freud..

34. Stephen Fishman on May 12, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I also use three blades on a table saw…Diablo thin kerf rip blade (that has a flat bottom cut), a 60 tooth Diablo combination blade (that doesn’t have a flat bottom cut), and an 8 inch dado stack. I’ve never tried Forrest or Amana. thanks!

35. Lucjan Wilczewski on May 12, 2022 at 7:58 pm

I’m using one blade, the one which came with the saw 😂

36. Keith Pantermoller on May 12, 2022 at 7:59 pm

I like your explanation, but I find a 24 tooth rip blade is a must for my shop. My Irwin Marples 24 tooth works for me.

37. azumaninjay on May 12, 2022 at 8:03 pm

You should try Leitz blades.

38. Doug Prentice on May 12, 2022 at 8:03 pm

I went with ridge carbide. Stumpy recommended. I’m sure forest is great too.

39. Helikopterpop on May 12, 2022 at 8:04 pm

Wouldn’t that rough finish be better for tennant joints? The glue sticks better and its a tighter fit? Just a thought.

40. Rich Williams on May 12, 2022 at 8:05 pm

If you use a combination blade for tenons, can you move the piece back and forth (sideways) to smooth out the ridges?

41. AngeliqueKaga on May 12, 2022 at 8:07 pm

My budget doesn’t all for $200.00 fora single table saw blade, I’m not a rich ma I’m affraid to say.

42. nohabs on May 12, 2022 at 8:07 pm

I use exactly the same Saw Blade types as you. Not Forrest, Ridge Carbide is the brand I use.

43. 12fretter on May 12, 2022 at 8:08 pm

@ 4:40…Wow…a dado blade that can cut from 1/4" all the way up to 3/16th!…wait….isn’t 3/16 less than 1/4? Did you mean 3/8? Thanks for the info. Been pondering whether to spend the money on a Forrest. I might have to help you out at Amazon! And on a side note….have you ever stacked regular, flat, full kerf blades instead of using a dado stack? I have the same Freud stack and it doesn’t seem to last too long going through plywood it’s whole life.

44. Mike A on May 12, 2022 at 8:09 pm

I use Forrest blade because The are far superior to cheap blades. I also use an 8 in Forrest dado king dado stack.

45. J Z on May 12, 2022 at 8:09 pm

What is the difference between a Freud 10T and 20T dado stack?

46. Max Quigley on May 12, 2022 at 8:13 pm

I’ve spent some time online tonight looking at the web sites of the blue and orange box stores for these so-called regular blades with 1/8" kerf, the kind marketed to the average homeowner consumer. It seems to me these are not "regular" at all. They seem to be specialty blades made only by a few high-end blade manufacturers. Neither store sells a single "regular" kerf saw blade. I think you should refer to .094" (3/32) thin kerf blades as regular and 1/8" blades as wide kerf.

47. waliza001 on May 12, 2022 at 8:18 pm

freud.

48. Todd L on May 12, 2022 at 8:20 pm

Apparently the Forrest thin kerf blade has gone up in price, by a lot! At least on Amazon that is.

49. Lic. Eugenio R. Rodríguez on May 12, 2022 at 8:20 pm

WExcelent, expert level !

50. Andy mather on May 12, 2022 at 8:21 pm

What about blade wander? Ever cut cherry with a thin kerf blade? No thanks