In today’s video I will be showing you a brilliant little tool that all DIY’ers / aspiring carpenters should have in their tool box – a block plane.
You can buy me a coffee here https://www.buymeacoffee.com/charliediyte or become a monthly member to unlock Discord forum membership, exclusive content and automatic entry into my FREE Monthly Giveaway. Thank you SO SO much!!
You can now access my 🛠Charlie DIYte Amazon Tool Store here https://www.amazon.co.uk/shop/charliediyte – where you’ll find all my tried, tested and much loved DIY tools arranged into handy categories.
A couple of carpenters that work with me rely heavily on their block planes – which they use for a variety of jobs from trimming timber end grains to putting shamfers on MDF pelmets. I decided it was time I bought one and on their advice, I bough a vintage stanley no. 220 block plane on eBay – because the old block planes have much better blades than the new ones, which are typically made in China.
So I picked up my block plane for £20 on eBay, and here’s the video showing you how I use it.
Today’s Tool Kit
– Vintage Stanley No. 220 Block Plane (£20 from Ebay)
– New Stanely Block Plane https://geni.us/oA9XCs2 (Amazon)
– Irwin Record Block Plane https://geni.us/q7f6ct (Amazon) or https://geni.us/8TOq0i (Amazon)
– Faithful honing guide https://geni.us/12rJ1se (Amazon) or
– Axminster honing guide https://geni.us/S2sPPq (Amazon)
– Trend Double Sided Diamond Whetstone https://goo.gl/odcYbh £29.99/ $40.59
– Lapping Fluid 500ml https://geni.us/SevkOB (Amazon)
– Leather Strop (hand made) but available here https://geni.us/26njk1 (Amazon)
– Vintage Stanley No. 220 Block Plane
– New Stanely Block Plane https://geni.us/Bszz (Amazon) or https://geni.us/4Qry5R (Amazon)
– Big Horn Block Plane https://geni.us/BA76N (Amazon)
– Atlin honing guide https://geni.us/rjS77s9 (Amazon) or https://geni.us/qbjvCD (Amazon)
– Double Sided Diamond Whetstone https://geni.us/Auok (Amazon)
– Lapping Fluid 500ml https://geni.us/Z5AR (Amazon)
– Leather Strop (hand made) but available here https://geni.us/TWlEFAs (Amazon)
* The Amazon links above are affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you anything to click on them but I do earn a small commission if you do.
And here’s the legal bit I have to state: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
SUBSCRIBE – you can subscribe to my Channel here:
— Email: firstname.lastname@example.org