Woodcraft 101:How to Install a Face Vise

Woodcraft 101:How to Install a Face Vise

How to install a face vise kit flush on a workbench. I used a WoodRiver 10.5 Quick Release Vise from Woodcraft.

It’s important to use a hardwood for the cheeks so they will hold up over time. I used Walnut for the mounting block and cheeks.

Tools and Materials used:
Birch Workbench top

WoodRiver 10.5 Quick Release Vise

Visit: http://www.craftsmanslegacy.com to learn more.

1. Thomas The Saint on August 6, 2022 at 10:44 pm

The shop is looking good!

2. Cindy Dineen on August 6, 2022 at 10:49 pm

Every workbench needs a vise! The way you installed your vise it should accommodate a wide variety of projects! Another nice addition to your shop and a job well done!! It was good to see Buddy!! Did he help with the install?? You guys have a great night! God bless!

3. Essam Hasan on August 6, 2022 at 10:49 pm

The music is noisy.. Thank you anyway..

4. David on August 6, 2022 at 11:14 pm

As with another comment, some insight into design issues would be appreciated. I’m designing a bench right now and will install a very similar vise. The cast iron on mine will be flush with the bench surface, though, so the built in dog can be utilized.

5. John Osullivan on August 6, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Doesn’t help at all if there is no commentary to describe what you’re doing and speeding up the video makes it worse. Very disappointing

6. Annette on August 6, 2022 at 11:19 pm

Great new tool for your projects! So nice to see Buddy, he always makes me smile!

7. Jacquelynn Martin on August 6, 2022 at 11:21 pm

I really admire your talent for woodworking. I would love for you bring this show to TV. I hope A Craftsman’s Legacy returns as well. 💗

8. Tom S on August 6, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Perhaps an instructional video is possible with a line up of close up shots and no commentary, alas for me this was not it. I had trouble to fit the video frames I saw into a concept and am none the wiser what bits of wood you cut and why. Commentary would be much better than loud music.

9. Leonard Cuff on August 6, 2022 at 11:35 pm

You obviously put a lot of effort into this, thank you. I have to say, I really prefer to hear a voice-over narrative describing what you’re doing, what problems you encounter, what design decisions you are making. Figuring out what is going on just by watching the video is often quite difficult.