Testing Cheapest Hand Plane on Amazon – Stanley No. 4 Clone

Testing Cheapest Hand Plane on Amazon – Stanley No. 4 Clone

Testing the new hand plane by Amazon. This bench plane closely
resembles a Stanley no 4
Order Amazon plane here: https://amzn.to/2rXzteZ (Amazon affiliate link)

Become A Wranglerstar Member For Exclusive Content and Perks

Instagram: https://instagram.com/mrwranglerstar/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wranglerstar1
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wranglerstar

1. Joseph Richardson on September 21, 2022 at 1:57 am

40 now

2. Gabriel Jaramillo on September 21, 2022 at 1:59 am

Enorme diferencia uno de otro la herramienta de antes lo mejor

3. ThatMBR42 on September 21, 2022 at 1:59 am

Looking for some hand tools to start guitar making, and it looks like they don’t sell these anymore. I was going to go for a premium one anyway, but I was like, "Eh, why not?" There are all sorts of original No. 4 planes all over eBay, as well, so I could also go that route.

4. K. C. on September 21, 2022 at 2:01 am

It’s no longer $29. It’s $39 now 🙁

5. Beerwolf Viking on September 21, 2022 at 2:04 am

Thanks for your videos. I will say I think part of the problem I see with using old tools… or tools at all is the fact there are less people using them. Used to be a part of every day life. Now there are people many decades old having never touched one. I grew up without a Father figure so I have been self teaching myself my whole live, 44 years, to use the old tools my Dad had and your videos has helped me doing that over the years I have been a subscriber. Thanks again.

6. René on September 21, 2022 at 2:06 am

"Chinesium" lol

7. bri w on September 21, 2022 at 2:10 am

don’t spend $29 on that, buy a vintage one instead. much better

8. Pyro killer on September 21, 2022 at 2:11 am

Can you use bri wax on the bottom of the plane?

9. Janet Elizabeth Burrows on September 21, 2022 at 2:11 am

Quick question. Why don’t you ever use the basics tools, right out the box, to see how they are???? Before you sharpen them. It would be really interesting to see how they work, straight out the box. That’s how most people will use them?? X

10. rabak omaba on September 21, 2022 at 2:11 am

Woodglut is a good solution for every woodworker.

11. Alex Delgado Jr on September 21, 2022 at 2:11 am

So you’re a homesteader that orders and reviews stuff from amazon?

12. Gerard Link on September 21, 2022 at 2:11 am

Only problem I see is the lead time. It looks like the are made to order.

13. mauricio preve on September 21, 2022 at 2:14 am

Yo compré una Stanley pero parece fake y la compré en Home Depot

14. Sunny Xiong on September 21, 2022 at 2:14 am

It is 40 dollars now…

15. Errol Johnsen on September 21, 2022 at 2:15 am

What next an amazon basics aeroplane

16. walter rosenbaum on September 21, 2022 at 2:16 am

They have Amazon Basics bat box.

17. JBBAllC on September 21, 2022 at 2:16 am

“Chinesium Smell”
    I’m stealing this

18. Steve C on September 21, 2022 at 2:17 am

Thank you for the review. Now I know what I will get with $29.

19. Eric Maz on September 21, 2022 at 2:19 am

Nobody cares about the weather man, just get on with it!

20. nunya your business on September 21, 2022 at 2:20 am

please do a vid on adjusting the plane’s blade

21. Tidesrollin on September 21, 2022 at 2:21 am

I got a number 4 yesterday at the Flea market. It has a rippled bottom on it. Cant find much on it yet/ Why isnt it smooth?

22. Jose Fernando Rossi on September 21, 2022 at 2:22 am

Thanks for sharing, honest knowledge! 🙂

23. Glenny Parham on September 21, 2022 at 2:24 am

Great. I have one. Thought they were out of style. I use a basic file to sharpen the blade. Is that ok.. Got this one from my grandfather. Works well.

24. Wranglerstar on September 21, 2022 at 2:28 am

Order Amazon plane here: https://amzn.to/2rXzteZ (Amazon affiliate link)

25. William Andrade on September 21, 2022 at 2:30 am

Buying this plane is support poor manufactured products and low paid works operating under harsh circumstances, probably in China

26. Jose Ramos on September 21, 2022 at 2:31 am

Excelente, si tienes la configuración correcta puedes sacarle provecho a una herramienta no tan cara. Saludos. Buen video.

27. ared18t on September 21, 2022 at 2:31 am

I recommend starting at 80 grit or 60 grit with one of these.

28. Michael Saxonson on September 21, 2022 at 2:31 am

That’s almost exactly the same pattern as what Buck Bros is selling now, I got one for Christmas a couple years back

29. Mike Gardner on September 21, 2022 at 2:31 am

Strip it down toss out in snow all winter rust and all.

30. Andrew Irvine on September 21, 2022 at 2:31 am

When you checked the back of the iron for flatness I noted that the visible wear was on the part that was under your fingertips. This would give the same wear pattern on a perfectly flat blade, as even small differences in fingertip pressure can affect the grind produced. (This is actually used to correct an iron which is warped or not given a square-on grind.)
    As for lateral adjustment, it is important to check the iron’s cutting edge squareness; I once had an unusable plane even on full lateral adjustment; when I reground the bevel to be square and re-honed the bevel, it cut well and there was plenty of lateral adjustment available to cope with future wear!

31. lupofroi on September 21, 2022 at 2:32 am

How do you think this compares to the 13 dollar harbor freight plane?

32. Guajiro on September 21, 2022 at 2:34 am

same plane available at lowes under the kobalt name for 34.99

33. Timothy Volkers on September 21, 2022 at 2:35 am

I own a Vintage #4 Craftsman smoothing plane and a Vintage Stanley 5.5 Jack plane that was my great grandfather’s but I could use a scrub plane. For around $30 with some work would this plane make a good budget scrub plane. I’ve been keeping my eyes on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for vintage planes but haven’t seen any in awhile so this plane could fill in as my scrub plane until I find another good plane. So if anyone here has any experience with this budget hand plane, like it and think that it would make a good scrub plane please let me know. Thanks

34. Parker Matherly on September 21, 2022 at 2:36 am

Anyone see the starbucks cup at 10:35

35. Joseph Stalin Feet Pics on September 21, 2022 at 2:37 am

I love these budget wood working tool videos. It really has inspired me to build up my tool kit and get started. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to put together a playlist of the Poor Man’s Wood Working Kit? I’m trying to hunt all of the videos down and make my own, but I think it would help other save some time in the future. Thanks for making these videos!

36. Johny Silver on September 21, 2022 at 2:38 am

Try to test Harbor Freight for 15$

37. Supreme Chiptunes on September 21, 2022 at 2:39 am

I actually have 2 old planers from my grandfather. One at home, and one at my cottage.

38. ben on September 21, 2022 at 2:43 am

I am entering woodworking on a budget. But in all my time in the world I worry about not spending enough. Glad I’ve got you and a few other YouTubers to help me!!

39. Cranium Matter on September 21, 2022 at 2:43 am

a tool you will regret buying in the long run. also, giving more money to the man that needs it the least.

40. Marcous Awad on September 21, 2022 at 2:43 am

thanks

41. The Praetorian on September 21, 2022 at 2:44 am

They stopped selling these

42. Anna Geo on September 21, 2022 at 2:45 am

This was my first handplane, for smoothing the blade upgrade is a must but remember to save the chip breaker as the upgrade chip breaker may not fit. The surface of the mating surface will be painted but is machined nicely, to reveal this use a old brass cartridge to scrape the paint away only on the small mating surface. The buck bros jack plane blade is excellent for using as a true jack plane by grinding a 8-10inch camber, this should only need sharpening a few times a year. Cheers and take care folks.

43. Grumpy Old Sod in a Cellar on September 21, 2022 at 2:45 am

At last, someone singing the praises of a budget hand plane, these plane’s by the way are made in India, they seem to be rated for quality and the better ones get badged, much like computers. As you say, "if your willing to put the work in ….. " My second hand plane, my first one got borrowed, was a budget plane that was a lot worse than the Amazon, it was also a lot cheaper and I couldn’t afford anything else. I have better plane’s now, but I still keep that budget one. Because it works fine.

44. Patrick Matherne on September 21, 2022 at 2:46 am

This was the first plane I ever bought, took forever to get it set up correctly. Nothing was flat. The blade was not perfectly square, kept having the sides touch before the center. After a few days of work, was able to get it working. To me this makes a good training plane, to learn how to tune up a plane since it requires so much work. Overall, I would rather take the time required to set it another plane, and work odd jobs to make money to buy the better plane.

45. Philip Tran on September 21, 2022 at 2:47 am

Thank you so much for posting this! I never realized you could test brass by using a magnet! i always learn something new from you on every video you post.

46. Pyro killer on September 21, 2022 at 2:48 am

Tip about that putting a plane down flat work in a wood floored shead and leave your shavings on the floor in a pile perfect for putting it down on 😶

47. Zing Sting on September 21, 2022 at 2:48 am

I got the plane recently and had to return it and it’s replacement because the blade depth adjuster ran out of adjustment and could not extend the blade enough to cut when the chipbreaker is set to the recommended 0.5 – 2mm position away from the edge of the blade. It could be made to work when the chip breaker was set further away from the blade but that reduces the function of the chipbreaker. Maybe I hit a bad batch but I wonder if all the folks who gave it good reviews actually adjusts the chipbreaker. I was so disappointed.

48. Wayne G on September 21, 2022 at 2:49 am

I’d go look for a used plane rather than the copy!

49. Knights Watch Ministry on September 21, 2022 at 2:49 am

I bought one from harbor freight, all the blades looked like they were smacked in its sharp edge agaisnt metal. so i am now in the process of fixing that….it was 12 dollars though…

50. ottavio amato on September 21, 2022 at 2:54 am

please, may i know the model of your work sharp? i would like to buy it; regards