How to install wheels on a table saw

How to install wheels on a table saw

Table saws can be difficult to move around, but this can be easily fixed by adding a couple of wheels to the front of the machine and a length of metal to hold the wheels. This enables the back of the machine to be lifted which makes the wheels contact the floor enabling the table to be easily moved.
Brought to you by http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/video/

1. Niskov on November 21, 2022 at 5:07 am

Hi. I really love your product reviews. I got a recommendation for a tool named ‘Gator Grip’ (watch?v=Ny4H27Cs7fI), any chance you could perform a review about it so we know it’s not a rip-off?

2. Alan Bolanon on November 21, 2022 at 5:08 am

Another quality video… just dont get how the washer stays in the hole though. Surely it would pop out?

3. Alan Howard on November 21, 2022 at 5:14 am

you never cease to spark my interest. thanks mate

4. face smasher on November 21, 2022 at 5:17 am

great idea that i was looking into and that i will put to work for my small project im planning for a 1970s rockwell 9 inch chop saw that im planning to convert to cut metal
    i got the stand for about $17 @ aj tool with plastic inserts at the bottom of the stand but im welding tabs for the casters with brakes
    bc of limited space in my garage i will try to make it that way but also to fold back with a locking mechanism into the table – to dont have any protuberances hitting my feet i guess
    thanks for this

5. Nathan H on November 21, 2022 at 5:18 am

how do you align the blade on this saw.
    I have the same model, but i seem to have my blade tilted, the back of the blade is 2mm approx away from my mire slot then the front of the blade, I checked every other tooth to rule out a bent blade, so I’m thinking the mount needs moving along…. any help or advise will be appreciated.

6. Lawrencium on November 21, 2022 at 5:22 am

This is a good approach because it doesn’t add any height to the saw. What is the purpose of the triangular green projections near the base of the stand? I’m assuming they were stock and came with the saw/stand as they have the same color as other parts of the stand (and maybe also on the saw).

7. TomKnowsHow on November 21, 2022 at 5:24 am

Nice new type of video,with the voice overlay. Think I prefer the original way you make them tho šŸ™‚

8. Zed Man on November 21, 2022 at 5:24 am

Nice and easy upgrade! Love to see a video of your garage/workshop when you get a chance. Looks quite big, most garages round here are tiny barely fit a car in.

9. Gooey Tarballs on November 21, 2022 at 5:25 am

In America, we have lots of Shopping Carts. If you look at the fixed wheels on ‘the best carts,’ you will notice they have a similar offset to the swiveling bit of the swivel caster wheel you disassembled for your outboard wheels. Find a discarded Shopping Cart and get your wheels for free!

10. Jo Baecker on November 21, 2022 at 5:25 am

Not necessary to salvage IKEA parts – our local surplus store has hundreds of casters-cheap. Ā Also, why not just use a nylock nut?

11. Evolution Power Tools on November 21, 2022 at 5:27 am

Hiya, thanks for your comments! Evolution Power Tools can be found in a number of super stores across the globe & online. Within 3 clicks you can shop & buy online or view in a local store (please check store stock before making your trip). Here’s the link: http://www.evolutionpowertools.com/exploretherange/ : )

12. Lawrencium on November 21, 2022 at 5:31 am

What was the purpose of the shims that were on the floor anyway? It seems like the unistrut would just lift up into position parallel with the stand legs as you tightened the nuts.

13. Neil George on November 21, 2022 at 5:36 am

I took the wheels off my contractors saw because they were useless so I will follow this film. Thanks for the idea. Your videos are inspiring and I find myself following alot of your ideas. I am really enjoying the more professional intros and frequency of films, long may they continue (although I can understand that family must come first mate) Regards. N.

14. Martin L Cooper Sr on November 21, 2022 at 5:37 am

This is my thought. I was going to use a 2×4 to mount wheels to saw, but the metal channel is a better technique..Very good video.

15. caskwith on November 21, 2022 at 5:44 am

Very handy. I did a similar kind of thing to my bandsaw with the addition of some length of 2×4 as handles so it was like a giant wheelbarrow. Only problem is the workshop is so crammed that I have nowhere to actually move it to! lol.

16. EdithHead on November 21, 2022 at 5:46 am

This is actually a better idea than using one of those caster bases with 4 wheels. It’s simple and just as effective.

17. 1954BJohn on November 21, 2022 at 5:47 am

Cool project Chez!

18. Jane Stewart on November 21, 2022 at 5:56 am

Great idea, and one I think I can easily do! I have trouble with the nuts on the saw table loosening, so I’m going after Lock Tite for them, too. You’ve helped me twice in one viewing!

19. Michael Kenney on November 21, 2022 at 5:57 am

Very nice. I’ve been looking at all these videos of retractable casters but your method is much simpler and my shop saw isn’t so heavy that I can’t pick up one end. Thank you so much for putting this video together. Nicely done!

20. Pete Moss on November 21, 2022 at 5:58 am

This a great idea, thanks for showing !