Safely operating a forklift requires awareness of the conditions at your workplace. Forklifts are used for picking up, transporting, stacking and unstacking loads.
Working in a foundry presents a range of work health and safety risks including:
• explosion and burns from molten metal and other hot materials
• respiratory effects from exposure to gases, vapors, fumes and dusts
• skin effects from contact with corrosive or sensitizing chemicals
• eye damage from light radiation, metal fragments, dusts, and chemical splashes
• heat stress, heat stroke, and fatigue from hot working conditions
• slips, trips, and falls
• joint, muscle sprains and strains
• physical injuries from machinery and equipment e.g. by entanglement or crushing
• health effects from machinery and equipment e.g. caused by vibration and noise.